So for the last few weeks I've had the same playlist on a loop at all times and I'm absolutely loving it. I started getting into Spotify in the summer and ever since then I've developed a little ritual, in order to broaden my musical horizons.
- Find the song: Basically every time I hear any music that remotely interests my ears, I find it on Spotify, add to a playlist and give it a listen.
- Check out the artist: If I like the song, I look into more of the artists stuff, usually the top 5 songs on their Spotify page and add those to my playlist.
- Decide: If I'm still liking the artist, I'll download their music to my iTunes and add it to my favourite iTunes playlist
- iPod: If it makes it to my iPod, it's a keeper
These few steps have helped me discover some truly wonderful artists, that I'm sure are going to keep me company over the next few months. A good playlist is essential at all times, but considering we spend so much time inside during the winter months, it's even more important to musically educate yourself whenever it's possible.
Here's my top 15 picks:
- No Room for Doubt - Lianne De Havas
- Piledriver Waltz - Arctic Monkeys
- Goodbye Kiss - Kasabian/ Lana Del Rey: Give both versions a listen, you wont be disappointed.
- Young Love - Mystery Jets Ft. Laura Marling
- Diamonds- Rihanna
- Someday - The Strokes
- If I Were a Boy/ You Oughta Know - Beyonce
- A Real Hero - College
- Pilot Jones - Frank Ocean
- Octopus - Bloc Party
- The Last Time - Taylor Swift Ft. Gary Lightbody
- Not Nineteen Forever - The Courteeners
- Feel To Follow - The Maccabees
- 99 Problems - Jay Z
- Lonely Boy - The Black Keys
What song's are going to be getting you through winter? Do we share any musical loves?
Thanks for reading lovelies!
Stay Classy X