Thursday 26 April 2012

Scouse bird musts...

Hello there lovelies!

So tonight I've be having a bit of me time in preparation for this weekend, one of my beautiful best pals is throwing a little shin dig and as I'm going to fake tan myself into oblivion tomorrow night I'd thought I'd prepare body for battle tonight. 
After a few hours of moisturising, exfoliating, shaving, cleansing,plucking, de-spotting and general primping, I realised how fabulous the products I've been using lately have been. So being the ever so giving person that I am, I thought I would share them with you all.... 


Firstly this... 
The Body Shops mango body butter  I absolutely adore this product. It's so moisturizing and leaves my skin feel like the wings of a baby angel (aka soft). I've had this one since mid February and just coming to end of the tub now, before that I had the Ginger one and it was equally as amazing. The whole range smells amazing and all act as an essential step in any fake tan junkie's routine. They cost £12.50 for 200ml which I think's pretty reasonable considering how bloody brilliant it is. 


Secondly...


Lush Toothy Tabs in Sparkle are possibly the coolest things I've ever found when it comes to teeth cleaning things. They're like little tablets, that foam when in your mouth and act as a mixture of a tooth paste and teeth whitener. They're completely natural and eco-friendly which is a plus, but most importantly they really do work. I use these in the days leading up to a party and can always tell the difference in my teeth on pictures and such. They're £2.50 for 40 tablets and pretty damn awesome.

Thirdly...
These three little bad boys are my go to products to get my face looking presentable so I don't scare other party goers. I start with the St Ives apricot scrub to de-flake all the grossness that my have stuck itself onto my poor little face and to give me a nice base for applying necessary fake tanning products. Then I hack away at my brows using the Tweezerman slant tweezers  which are by far the sharpest and most accurate tool I have ever used to rip things from my face. They're pretty pricey costing around £20 but they last forever and Tweezerman even offer a free re-sharpening service if your tweezers aren't as knife-like as they should be. And finally after all other skincare steps, I wipe around my face with one of these Clearasil rapid action pads to make sure no spots rear the unwanted heads  before said parties. They're a complete life saviour. I can always see the results in my skin and constantly go back to these when I can feel a spot coming on. 

And most importantly...

As a loyal scouser, the idea of leaving my house without a tan that could only come from a bottle, petrifies me to my very core. The last time someone saw my natural skin colour was when I accidentally over plucked my eyebrows and some pesky under-eyebrow skin appeared, which was practically translucent. St Moriz, to anyone who doesn't know is possibly one of the best things to come out of Liverpool since the Beatles. Now I know it wasn't invented in Liverpool, but after being championed by Scouse birds everywhere, we have practically kept good ole' St Moriz in business. It is the fake tan of all fake tans. Forget your St Tropez's or Fake Bake, oh no St Moriz wins this blorange battle hands down. You can only purchase this bad boy in Home and Bargain, how prestigious, meaning if you ever do come across it, you should most definitely stock up. Especially if you live in Liverpool like myself. There's nothing worse than having to trek into town on a Saturday afternoon and beating off some bird in rollers for the last bottle of 'dark' on the shelf...scary stuff. 
Ambre Solaire dry face mist is also rather brilliant for your face, and you can't beat Primark's fake tan mitt, critical if you want to avoid looking like you've brutally strangled an Oompa Lumpa with your bare hands. 


So that's it my lovelies, my holy grail products for preparing one's self for a truly sick weekend. 

Speak soon kittens! 
Stay classy!X

No comments: